Monday, January 23, 2012

Hayden's 30th Birthday!

surprise flower delivery!


Pandora Charms from my parents-the one on the left has 3 tiny diamonds & the one on the right is a cupcake



Pandora bracelet is lookin good :-)

In my family we like to celebrate big for special occassions, so it was only fitting to have a weeked of celebrations! My birthday was Friday January 20th and I'm not sure if a lot of people realize this but when it's your birthday you get a lot of freebies from various restaurants and stores. I was able to eat a free lunch at Firehouse Subs because it was my birthday! I also received email coupons for free ice cream at Cold Stone & Baskin Robbins, entrees' at Famous Dave's, Red Robin & Outback and discounts at Barnes & Noble.

I received a surprise package in the mail on Thursday from my mother in law and father in law that made my day! The package had the cutest little pink boxes inside and each box was filled with a beach themed goodie such as seashell soap, beachy picture frame, seashell hand towels, crab dip mix, etc! The very last box that I opened contained the most adorable Pandora charms, a little silver suitcase with palm tree & silver seashell with gold starfish. What a sweet surprise!

On my actual birthday I met Clint for lunch at Firehouse to redeem my free sub. I returned home from my free lunch to see a florists delivery truck in the driveway. Another awesome birthday surprise! My parents had sent me a beautiful bouquet of pink stargazer lillies and pink roses.

Friday night we had a wonderful birthday dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse with my parents and left the kiddies at home! Dinner was great, crab dip being my favorite! Then Saturday I had my very first facial compliments of my other mother in law. Then Saturday evening Allie & Hunter had a sleepover at Gigi & Poppy's house. Clint & Alexis spent the evening upstairs playing video games while I had a girls only birthday party! We had pink champagne, birthday cake & psychic readings!

The psychic was actually very accurate to the point that it was a bit creepy. She knew things that didn't seem quite possible for someone else to know...for example, she knew that I was writing (Disney blog) and she said I should write a book! She also said that she saw a 4th child in the future but oddly enough she said the exact words 'from another source' meaning that I would not be having another child but possibly taking in another child somehow...which is kind of ironic because I have always told Clint that down the road when the kids are much older I would like to be a foster parent. She also said that she saw cars in Clints life and asked if he did a lot of driving.

Overall the birthday weekend was wonderful, thanks to all of my friends & family for helping to make it so nice. The many cards, texts, emails, phone calls, etc made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment