Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Organizing Revolution

I am participating in a New Year's Organizing Revolution. Each week there is a different space in the house that is chosen to be organized. This is the first week of the challenge and the space is the OFFICE. I do not have an official 'office' space but I do use a small corner of our master bedroom for my work space. I have a small writing desk, file cabinet and bookshelf. I hope to one day have a formal office/craft space. But for now this will have to do.

The "Before" picture
 *the white shelf was added after but I forgot to take a prior picture*

The "After" picture--cleaned off the desk of all of the papers

"After"

It is amazing what a nice, neat space this can be once it is dusted, cleared off and organized. I simply filed a lot of random papers that I had sitting on the desk, dusted, removed some pictures, candles, trash, etc. Then I had Clint hang the white shelf that is from Hobby Lobby. The shelf really adds some character to the space. The picture on the right of the desk is from Barnes & Noble. It adds a little flair :-)

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing what clearing the clutter does for small spaces. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post! small areas seem to get cluttered so fast. I love love how just putting away done paperwork really changes the space :)

    ReplyDelete